Registration for 2014 – JulieHedlund.com

Bookmark and Share

Registration for 2014 - JulieHedlund.comClick Image To Visit SiteRegistration for the 12 x 12 challenge in 2014 is now CLOSED. Please sign up here to receive information about signing up in 2015. 


Click here to register for Margaret Wise BRONZE with quarterly payments Shel SILVERstein — Write, Revise. Need some help, but going without? Writing makes you scream and shout? Put down your pen and sign up now. 12 x 12 will show you how, When you’re feeling plagued with doubt A support group’s what it’s all about. Perhaps you already have a stockpile of m cripts drafted, and you would like to challenge yourself to revise some of them while also writing new ones. The Shel SILVERstein level gives you the ability to get feedback on YOUR work — queries, pitches and m cripts — perfect for writers want to focus on both writing and revising. Shel SILVERstein is also perfect for agented, published authors who would like access to an instant platform. A place to share your books, events, trailers AND to get promotion istance (in the Help an Author Out section of the Forum) from fellow members. Shel SILVERstein includes:



Hmmmm…..I’m not sure what to do! I want to join…but I’m afraid to spend the money… any suggestions on what to do if one is just starting to get back into writing? I REALLY am serious about it – and think maybe I should just dive in…but…. I spending money!


If you are REALLY serious do you really spending the money or is it really about something else? You do also admit to being afraid to spend the money. Why? Can we support you in anything? How will you feel if you don’t jump in, how will you feel if you do? I am completely new to this but I look at it from thinking about the value I will surely be privileged to receive – and therefor what I can contribute. Just as a thought, what if you pretend to choose the Silver option and pay approx. $30.00 every quarter. Instead of hating to spend that much every quarter, how many times would you spend that same amount, and more, every day, or at least every week, that could be diverted to something you admit to being REALLY serious about? A wise and wonderful high school teacher once said to us, “the time is going to go by anyway, so what do you want to be doing with it?” I hope this helps you make the decision that’s is right for you.


Hi Orthodoxmom3 – I don’t know your reasons for getting back into writing, or doing picture books. Is this just for fun, as a hobby for you? Or do you plan to make writing your career/business? If the latter, I’ve never known anyone who went into business and spent nothing on their startup or education. But, if this is a hobby for you, you’ll have to consider whether or not the amount is within your personal budget. And, if it’s your first year writing, perhaps you won’t need the highest level membership with p es to submit to agents and editors. The Margaret Wise Brown level is $45 for the entire year (THAT’S CHEAPER THAN NETFLIX). If you’re on the fence about $45, are you taking your writing seriously enough? (Plus, when you spend money, you’re more likely to hold yourself accountable, don’t you think?)


I realize I sound like I’m “selling” you 12 x 12, but I’ve done it for two years and can’t wait for the third. This business is a lot about making connections or getting that right piece of advice at the right time, and between the Facebook group and forum, there’s a lot of wisdom and support here. Hope to see you there!


So excited to be part of this group!! I just signed up as a first time member and can’t wait to see what’s in store!


Thanks Julie! I just signed up for the Little Golden membership! I have lots of submission ready m cripts and many first drafts so I am ready to get started! Here is to a fantastic 2014!


Hurrahhhhh, I can’t wait to get started. Looking forward to fun times with you, all the way from the bottom of the pond, ( he he, Australia that is)


Hi Julie, I was really interested in the Shel Silverstein level but I am also very tempted by the little golden book level, but my money is not enough this time. If I had paid the membership Shel Silverstein and I am not satisfied with the membership, can I exchange it for Little Golden Book??. Please give me your responses and suggestions.


Looking forward to… Read more…


{ 0 comments... Views All / Send Comment! }

Post a Comment