How to Cut Hair, Haircutting Techniques

Bookmark and Share

How to Cut Hair, Haircutting TechniquesClick Image To Visit SiteDiscover now – how you can very easily cut someone’s hair and have it look like a salon cut … every time READ ON TO LEARN MORE


We spam and respect your privacy. We will never sell or share your contact information with anyone.



You don’t need a college degree or a cosmetology license to know how to cut hair. Despite what professionals say, it can be done from home. They learned, didn’t they? Remember that they go to college to learn … it can be learned, it’s a trainable skill.


You can learn the basic steps for the hair cutting techniques that each professional hairdresser uses. They might not want you to know these basics because if too many people learn them, they would be out of a job. Every day, over 300 people search for information on how to cut hair. Even though it’s not a shocking number, it goes to show that it’s a rising trend, an area of interest, perhaps caused by our rising cost of living. For some reason, prices to seem to only go up, never down. Somehow people on fixed incomes have to accomodate the price increases and are finding ways to cut corners. And cutting hair at home is one way to do just that.


Did you know that the average person spends 40 minutes driving to and from the salon? (That’s not including the time it takes to wait for your turn or the time you spend getting your hair cut.) I’m sure you’ve experienced your hairdresser multi tasking.


Many years ago I made the mistake once of going to get my hair cut close to Christmas. It was really difficult to make an appointment at that time of the year and the only place I could find in a pinch was a small operation where a salon was connected to a convenience store. BIG mistake. My hair dresser was also the one running the store next door. I don’t think he was ever with me longer than 2 minutes. Since he sold more pop and chips during my haircut than he did for the rest of the day, I wound up with a lopsided and interesting haircut.


As the years went by and new hair styles/cuts came and went, my kids were always my guinea pigs and you could tell my successes and failures by their appearance. I am now confident that when I take out my scissors, my subject will look great when I’m done. Since I had to find out the hard way, I’ve decided to put this site together to help you learn how to cut hair without making all the mistakes I made.


"They always try to talk, then when they see you aren’t interesting, they just completely ignore you and talk to the other stylists without even paying attention that they may be pulling your hair and hurting you. My hair tangles really easily, so even if I make sure that it’s completely tangle free before I go, there will still be tangles in my hair by the time I get there, making it really painful when they try to brush it with their little plastic combs." Terri Wall (Prosper, TX) "I’d love to be able to go to the hair dressers and get a descent cut, but I cannot stand people being that close to me, staring me in the face." Faye Duffurd (Toronto,ON) "I always panic big time at the hairdressers … its that combination of having to sit still … having someone too close to me … being surrounded by skinny glamorous girls that make me feel like a moose… and then having to see myself try to cope with it all in the mirror." Kelly-Ann Tanner (Boise, Idaho)


"Very clear pictures. Lots of pictures. It’s detailed, each step of the way. Everything you want to know is pretty much there."


"I was tired of paying $20 for a haircut and not always being real satisfied with the result. And as much as the cost, I resented the amount of time I had to spend scheduling, waiting, etc. It’s possible to give yourself a real decent haircut. It’s all in the book."


"Thank you, thank you, thank you. Now I cut my hubby’s, my kids, and my grandchildrens’ and even my best friend’s hair. Your book helped us save so much."


"Now I can cut hair anytime I want. It takes 15 to 20 minutes, depending on how much cutting is necessary. So I not only have saved thousands of dollars, I’ve probably saved months of traveling and waiting time. Buying your book was definitely worth it!" -Peter Bergen Nashville, TN


There are a lot of haircutting resources out there, but make sure any information you are considering buying includes the following:


It would… Read more…


{ 0 comments... Views All / Send Comment! }

Post a Comment